‘Mexican Fiesta’ CakE SATURDAY June 2nd 12:30pm-3:30pm
CLASS SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS (Max 5 people per class)
We will be learning to assemble and decorate a 5” four-layer cake together over three hours in our Bakedown ‘Mexican Fiesta’ Cactus cake style.
For toppings we will be working with pre-tempered couverture chocolate to create cactus decorations, as well as learning how to create visual balance with easy to find products like edible flowers, chocolates, macarons and fresh fruits.
We will provide you with the tools necessary to create your cake—some of these will be available to purchase on the day.
We will cover:
- Basics of buttercream (recipe provided)
- How to stack and fill a buttercream cake
- Watercolour technique with a smooth finish
- How to colour chocolate and flavour chocolate
Please note that in this class we won’t be learning how to temper chocolate. We will however be offering chocolate classes in the near future if you’re interested in more specific chocolate skills.
What you’ll take home:
- 1 x 6” 4-layer cake (valued at $150) to share with your friends and family
- All the skills you need to recreate a beautiful, professional looking buttercream cake at home!
Please make sure to wear comfortable, closed non-slip shoes on the day—we will loan you an apron to protect your clothes!
* All class purchases are non-refundable, but can be transferred if necessary. In the unlikely event that the class must be cancelled or rescheduled, enrolled participants will be notified and offered an alternative option or full refund.